|Duponts Apartment Skyline- Perspective of an Apartment Mover|
6 Steps to Finding the Perfect Apartment Mover for You
- Make a budget. Make a list of different things you can do yourself to reduce the cost: throw out/sell unwanted items, request help from family and friends, pack yourself or hire a full service packing and moving company. Here are some more great ways to reduce your relocation cost. The more money you save on moving, the more money you can waste on new Ikea furniture.
- Research to find a reputable apartment mover- There are hundreds of movers out there. On the right side of the page you will find 3 of the best mover review sites that direct you to the best apartment mover for the job.
- Do not hire the cheapest moving company- We've all heard of those horrible moving stories when cheap shady companies get involved. Many cheap offers have hidden fees, employ unfairly paid day laborers, and do not follow laws or have insurance.
- Make sure the apartment mover is fully licensed and insured. Double check to be sure the company is in good standing with the Federal Motor Vehicle Registration. Every reputable apartment mover should have a link that describes their insurance.
- Timing- Check with your apartment's restrictions (some places prohibit moves on weekends). Make sure the mover's schedule is cohesive with any elevators and loading docks you have reserved. Remember, the more flexible you are, the better rate you can get. Here are the best dates to book your move.
- Lock it in! Once you find your best option, reserve that company ASAP. Movers tend to get very busy in the spring and summer, so the good guys get booked up quickly.