Not only is it great scooter weather, it's great moving weather and a great time to do some aggressive marketing. With so many movers out there, it's really hard for us to stand out as as one of DC's Top Movers. So we're doing all we can to get the word out by scootin' around town, posting posters in high traffic moving areas.
That doesn't stop Skidi and Eric, (2 of our legendary movers) from making fun of our awkward couch poster pose.
|The invisible mover lift|
- Check out some more ways we try to stand out from the rest.
- If these strikingly handsome movers don't grad your attention, here are some more tips to find right apartment mover for you.
- Moving on a budget? Check out our tips to reduce your moving cost
|Duponts Apartment Skyline- Perspective of an Apartment Mover|
6 Steps to Finding the Perfect Apartment Mover for You
- Make a budget. Make a list of different things you can do yourself to reduce the cost: throw out/sell unwanted items, request help from family and friends, pack yourself or hire a full service packing and moving company. Here are some more great ways to reduce your relocation cost. The more money you save on moving, the more money you can waste on new Ikea furniture.
- Research to find a reputable apartment mover- There are hundreds of movers out there. On the right side of the page you will find 3 of the best mover review sites that direct you to the best apartment mover for the job.
- Do not hire the cheapest moving company- We've all heard of those horrible moving stories when cheap shady companies get involved. Many cheap offers have hidden fees, employ unfairly paid day laborers, and do not follow laws or have insurance.
- Make sure the apartment mover is fully licensed and insured. Double check to be sure the company is in good standing with the Federal Motor Vehicle Registration. Every reputable apartment mover should have a link that describes their insurance.
- Timing- Check with your apartment's restrictions (some places prohibit moves on weekends). Make sure the mover's schedule is cohesive with any elevators and loading docks you have reserved. Remember, the more flexible you are, the better rate you can get. Here are the best dates to book your move.
- Lock it in! Once you find your best option, reserve that company ASAP. Movers tend to get very busy in the spring and summer, so the good guys get booked up quickly.
7 Weeks Before the Big Move
6 Weeks Before the Big Move
5 Weeks Before the Big Move
4 Weeks Before The Big Move
3 Weeks Before The Big Move
2 Weeks Before The Big Move
1 Week Before The Big Move
CLick here for some more tips to prepare for the big moving day
|Picking the best time to move|
The best time to move is truly when everyone else isn't. You can save yourself a ton of time money and frustration by being flexible with your move date and moving when most other people are not.
Unfortunately for us movers, people love moving on some of the best days of the week, Friday Saturday and Sunday. This means we are almost always busy Friday Saturday and Sunday. Saturday by far is the most common day of the week people want to move. This means that movers are busy, trucks are reserved, elevators are booked, and rates can be more expensive. We actually offer our cheapest rates between Monday thru Thursday.
Another very busy time for movers is at the very end and very begining of the month. People move when their lease is up, which for some reason, tends to always be at the end of the month. Middle of the month during the week is a great time to reserve your move.
If you are extremely flexible, ask the moving company what day soon works best for them. Moving companies love to fill in gaps during the week where they are slow. If you're lucky, you may even get a discount ;)
- Local Moving Services without packing-Most common and least expensive, can be 1 day job, uses non binding contract
- Local Moving Services with packing-More expensive, might need 2 days to complete, uses nonbinding contract
- Long Distance Moving-Uses binding contract, includes a stop that is at least 2 hours outside of DC MD or Va.
- Labor Only-No truck needed, includes loading unloading and inner hourse or apartment moving
2. Know Moving Terms-
3. Read the Frequently Asked Questions page-
- You may not think you have a question, but after you read these FAQ's you'll be much better prepared.
- Do not ever hesitate to contact your mover if you have any questions. We are here to keep you in the know, and create a pleasant smooth move. Best way to contact us is by email.
4. Understand what they are charging you so you can keep your costs low
- If the company offers you a nonbinding estimate, it will usually be based on the amount of total time the move takes.
- If the company charges you a binding estimate, this require you to disclose all details of your contents in order to get a charged correctly.
5.Read other Customers Reviews
- If you don't see any reviews, that is a red flag!
- Do not judge the moving company from one or 2 reviews, look at there overall rating and overall to get an idea about the business.
Posted by: Mic Wendt Posted date: 4:44 PM / comment : 0
|Binding Vs. Non Binding Moving Estimate|
Binding Vs. Non Binding Moving Estimates
Additional services which would contribute to the cost of the move could include:
- Shuttle (also called auxiliary) Service in the event that your new or old home is not negotiable by a tractor trailer and a smaller truck must be used to transport your belongings from your home to the trailer or vice versa.
- If your estimate was based packing by the mover but more is required at the time of the move.
- If there are more items than are listed on the bill of lading.
Non-Binding estimates are not guaranteed. Final costs are based on the total time the move takes and actual services provided at the time of the move. You are then obligated to pay any additional charges over this amount within 30 days.
Mics Moving Free Online Moving Estimate! This helps us get a full picture of how we can help you. We've tried to keep our form as b...